Genre: Thrash Metal (early), Black Metal (later)
The band Inquisition was formed in 1988 in Cali, Colombia by Dagon. The band started as a thrash metal act, and in 1994 evolved into raw black metal.
In 1996, Dagon left Colombia and moved back to the United States to continue Inquisition and search for a new drummer. That same year Dagon met Incubus, who joined the band on drums and the creation of their debut full length album began. This line-up has remained stable for more than fifteen years and is now seen as the classic Inquisition line-up.
Inquisition style of black metal involves slow, deep and dark riffing combined with sudden tempo changes to faster sections based around blast beats and high-speed riffing; at times adding melodic solos. The classic Inquisition sound incorporates a combination of early era thrash metal-influenced riffing with darker and more chaotic black metal, primarily involving fast, tremolo picked minor-key guitar riffs, thus creating the trademark "Inquisition sound".
- Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult (1998)
- Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan (2002)
- Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer (2004)
- Nefarious Dismal Orations (2007)
- Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm (2011)
- Obscure Verses for the Multiverse (2013)
- Bloodshed Across the Empyrean Altar Beyond the Celestial Zenith (2016)
- Forever Under (1993)
- Anxious Death (1990)
- Incense of Rest (1996)
- Unholy Inquisition Rites (2004)
- Summoning the Black Dimensions in the Farallones / Nema (1996)
- Anxious Death / Forever Under (2006)
Dagon - Bass (1989-1998), Guitars, Vocals (1989-present)
Incubus - Drums (1996-present)
Poloncho - Bass
Cesar Santa - Bass (1989)
John Santa - Drums (1989-1995)
Endhir Xo Kpurtos - Drums (1995-1996)
Debandt - Bass (1998)